Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 3: On point!

Today was a really great day. It was day 3 of Turbo Jam on the advanced program. That means Cardio Party. I only remember doing Cardio Party all the way through one time. It totally kicked my butt! But it felt so good and that lasted the whole day. Of course when you have that great "I'm on top of the world" feeling it's soo much easier to stay on track. I didn't eat great today. Definitely could stand for more fruits, veggies, and dairy. But I am still within my points and that accomplishment is greater than anything else. For a change I'm looking forward to stepping on the scale come Tuesday. I've got tomorrow and Monday then weigh in. I almost can't wait. My goal for this week was to hit 5%. I should easily be able to do that if I keep on track the next two days and drink lots of water (which is easy to do when I work out because I drink a ton when I'm done).
Sometimes I think I need to remind myself that this weight didn't come on overnight and won't come off over night. And to be completely honest, it will like to take twice as long to take it off as it took to put it on. I know that if I lose too fast I won't stay motivated for long because it will be too much dieting and not enough eating healthy. It's so funny how we don't really think about how hard it is to change those habits. Any habit is hard to break...the hardest one to break is the one you can't live without. So I've been at it since November and am only down 9.8 lbs. That's okay! It's starting to get easier to make good choices and eat the right things. It's never going to be easy, because the food that tastes best is the food that is no good for you of course! But there is always a better decision to make. In the end it all comes down to what is most important to you. You'll either hit your goals or eat the things that don't help you. For me right now, hitting my goals is more important than anything I may put in my mouth. I feel completely satisfied with my alternatives to junk food. There are a lot of really delicious foods out there that taste great and are still good for you.

Keeping it going...and going strong. I love the person I am, but I'm IN LOVE with the person I know I will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment